Enjoy your visit!!!

Its going to be one interesting summer!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Uhhh....here goes nothin'

Ok everyone....be patient with me here as I learn my way around the world of blogging...eventually I WILL figure out how to upload photos and get everything rearranged :)

So after giving my veggie garden a breather last year, I've decided to give it another go. The weeds and critters always end up getting the better of me ( I will tell you more about "Dilly" and "Basil" soon..oh and "Molly"- Yikes!!!) so the soil and I both needed to take a break, a chance to recharge and regroup. Things don't always go so well for me out there in our big back yard, but I am always determined to find ways to improve things and be more productive with every year. I think it has something to do with the fact that I am hopelessly optimistic when it comes to this stuff. I spend all winter dreaming about next year's garden, figuring out where I went wrong last year, how to fix it, and waiting for the ground to thaw, the grass to green, till I get the chance to dig in and get down to business. This year, not unlike years previous, will be a combined effort (the kids always say they will help, but that only ever lasts a week or two) and the results as always, are shared with friends and family.

My family and close friends always get a kick out of the funny and sometimes not-so-funny things that happen every year, as I try to pretend that I have a handle on this gardening business...so we thought it might be fun if started my own blog and shared my misadventures with the rest of the world. I hope you enjoy reading. Maybe we can learn something new from each other in process. This summer looks to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment